Indulge in a weekend away in stunning locations and explore the land and sea
Fancy a swimcation sprinkled with yoga? Click to check these out:
Aitutaki Swim & Yoga Escape
After our magical inaugural back-to-back escape in July-August this year, it’s time to lock in your YogiFish swim & yoga escape to Aitutaki next winter!
Aitutaki is a gem of an island about 40 minutes by plane north of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. As you step off the plane, everything slows down, your breathing, your footsteps. Let your worries drain away.
We’ll swim inside the turquoise lagoon with iridescent fish, and outside the reef (hopefully spotting some whales). The swim distances range from 1km-3.5km.
There’ll be five gently flowing yoga sessions suitable for beginners, and plenty of downtime to explore the island, relax on the beach under a coconut palm or snorkel/kayak/SUP straight off the beach.
Here are the details…
24-30 August 2024: SOLD OUT
2-8 September 2024 SOLD OUT
The escape includes:
- Six nights in a thatched bungalow in the boutique Tamanu Beach Resort
- Returning YogiFish pod members receive a $200 voucher to spend at Tamanu Resort
- Small group numbers (max. 15 people)
- Five gentle yoga sessions. Mats provided
- Daily a la Carte breakfasts
- A private welcome dinner on Tamanu beach
- Foot scrub/massage on arrival
- Two full-day private boat charters with a shorter and longer swim each day
- Two leisurely lunches on Honeymoon and One Foot Island
- Swims to explore the lagoon from the beach on Aitutaki island
- One half-day whale spotting and swim outside the reef
- Cultural show & Umu feast
- Farewell dinner at Rapae Bay Restaurant
- Airport transfers to Tamanu Resort and local taxes
- Return transport to the charter boat
- Free use of kayaks, paddle boards, bikes and snorkel gear on Aitutaki
Not included: Airfares, insurance, any meals/drinks and transport not specified.
The escape starts at 5.30pm with welcome drinks and dinner on the first day of each trip and wraps up after breakfast on the last day.
- 3 x garden twin $3099pp
- 3 x garden single $3399pp
- 2 x lagoon view twin $3299pp
- 1 x lagoon view single $3599pp
Please pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot, with the balance due 80 days before departure.
Yogifish village life
The bungalows at Tamanu Beach Resort are arranged to resemble a small Aitutaki village. They feature hardwood floors, local mahogany vanities and spacious bathrooms with an additional large outside shower.
Each free-standing bungalow has a balcony and daybed to relax, a fridge to keep food and drinks cold and an espresso machine for coffee lovers. Wifi throughout the resort keeps you connected to the world. This part of the resort is for adults only.
FOUR single occupancy bungalows have been reserved, with FIVE twin-share bungalows that can be configured into one king bed or two king singles.
If you want a room for yourself, please get in quick.
I highly recommend you arrive a day earlier to decompress and ease into island time.
Let me know if you’d like to stay at Tamanu a little longer either side.
Email me [email protected]
I’ll email you the details about deposits, payments, T&Cs etc. Once availability is confirmed, payment of your $500 deposit secures your spot.
If you’d like to organise a payment plan, just let me know and we’ll work it out together.
I can’t wait to share this YogiFish Swim & Yoga Escape with you!
Feedback from the poddies
Whangarei Heads YogiFish Escape
Join me on a 2-night yoga & ocean swimcation in iconic Kiwi baches with a small pod on our own private beach. You can do as much or as little as your heart desires.
27 – 29 February 2024 (Two twin-share/couple rooms left)
- 2-nights accommodation in rustic kiwi baches right on the beach (www.daviesbay.co.nz) includes bed linen & cleaning fee
- All meals: breakfasts, lunches, sumptuous dinners, snacks (healthy, yum, satisfying!)
- Three slow-flow yoga sessions for swimmers
- Four swims in our own Davies Bay and exploring the waterscapes of the region
- Hike Busby Heads Track to Smugglers Cove for a longer swim
- Small, intimate group of max. 10 people.
- Beach and bath towels
- Your fave baking to share
- Alcoholic beverages
$750pp (single occupancy)